If everyone could handle the tasks Marketing requires they would not teach Advertising as an individual course in school. Schools would simply teach it on the side of a small business course or as general education aspect in every course. That being said there is a lot of software and medias being introduced that makes Marketing experts want to cry a little. Here are 3 Marketing tools that Advertisers wish did not exist.
1. Logo design applications- https://www.logomaker.com/ , This cuts out the adobe illustrator, the designers and branding experts. Do it yourself logos that don’t have you paying $60-$140. They charge $50 for their logo. The bad part is the logos often look low quality if care isn’t taken.
The upside to this software is that it lowers the average cost for logos. For someone like Ashton who has many web projects some of them low key. It is a good place to contemplate a brand new image for your blog. However just about anyone can use these softwares very easily and it does take away work from trained/educated Adobe/GIMP Graphics designers.
2. Kijiji – Upstart businesses sometimes think there entire ad budget can be done with Kijiji free placements and posters. Truthfully some of us wish this platform didn’t exist because of what people misunderstand about this platform.People are using Kijiji to justify not getting a professional website, not purchase ad space and completely rule out any kid of paid advertising. Although in a lot of cases unless you are selling puppies I don’t think Kijiji is giving your business all you need.
The empowering side to Kijiji is you can monitor your views, be listed geographically and purchase paid advertising with ease. Kijiji is also what I rely on to try and recruit new clients for my marketing business as a lot of businesses leave their phone number for contact. Just a reminder anyone can contact you from a Kijiji listing it is not that regulated. Plus I believe they sell their leads to big companies like the Yellow Pages and other advertising vendors.
3. VistaPrint – A one stop Do it Yourself Marketing shop. I’ve had potential clients turn down having their business card done by a graphics professional because they had something low quality from Vista Print they did themselves. Besides that this website offers to help you make your flyers, T-shirts, social media content, professional websites and signs.Sometimes just because you can print it and design it in one place doesn’t mean you should. This tool can be paired nicely with a professional graphics designer.
The empowering side to this software./website however is if used correctly you can produce high quality material with very little time. It has become the standard in producing promotional materials in Quinte West and I expect it to be a standard for small business marketing for many years to come. Willow Publishing is down the road from my house and I’d still probably just pay Vista Print to do the job because it is a lot easier. This is actually my favourite website that is costing professionals their lively hoods.
Although these software and applications make Marketers cry there is something to be said about strategic use of them. Still if you have a college education in Marketing or have a commercial printer you have to be crying at the fact that people don’t really need you to get things done. However to conclude there is no use in the denial of these applications changing the marketing game. To cope with these marketing tools you may want to suggest to clients the value in dedicated service, ad management and the value to your team.
Some media jobs I don’t think a website could simply automate, or empower:
- Content Writer- As a content writer you need to have a posting schedule, some intriguing topics and moderate social media space.
- Customer Service– Some people will always want to talk to an in person customer service representative. So these people will not be outsourced any time soon.
- Artists– Creating quality music, passionate pictures and complete abstracts. These will never be something completely outsourced by do it yourself software.
- Journalists– Capturing events as they unfold needs to be done by people and reporting/selling on these events needs to be done by people. Usually in this type of public position requires a professional and software/hardware is only used as an aid.
To set up a meeting call 647-831-1544. Or contact Ashton Deroy through the Facebook page below.
Like us on Facebook: